Many members of our community want to have the ability to program and configure the VESC motor controller. Since there have been quite some requests we decided to create a Linux virtual machine that runs the BLDC tool. This will enable an easy way to run the configuration tool without the need to install manually all the dependencies.
- Make sure you have Virtual Box installed on your computer.
- Download the Virtual Machine File.
- Import the downloaded Virtual Machine file.
- Click File->Import Applience.
- Run the newly imported Virtual Machine file.
- Login using "faradaymotion" as the password
- On the desktop you will find the BLDC Tool icon which you can launch.
- Make sure do enable the USB port that is connected to the Motor Controller under Devices->USB->YOUR_USB_PORT
Configuring the VESC Motor Controller
There are many parameters that you can change. We have our own configurations that we plan to publish soon. In the mean time check out Benjamin Vedder's YouTube channel to learn more about the BLDC tool.
Need a Motor Controller?
Need a VESC? Get it here and support us by doing so.